Every summer the Intercultural Center for the Studies of Deserts and Oceans (CEDO) organizes its traditional Bilingual Wet Feet Ocean Camp with the goals of:
- Being in touch with Mexicans and American kids to offer them information about the Northern Gulf of California through knowledge that can apply to daily life in an environmentally friendly way.
- Offering kids a fun alternative for the summer, with games, field trips, contests, handcrafts, bonfires and more activities at the CEDO´s Field Station.
- Summer camp proceeds help to support CEDO’s conservation programs and to maintain its field station.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in working on conservation activities and who love teaching and having fun with kids (participants are between 9 and 13 years old). If you have the skills listed below you are encouraged to apply to join us for the next Bilingual Wet Feet Ocean Camp, July 6th to 10th, 2017.
- Be a biology student or have a general knowledge of marine biology.
- English and Spanish speaker
- Experience working with kids
- Enjoy outdoors activities
- Cooking skills (would be nice, but not mandatory)
- Able to travel to Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, México.
- Able to stay in CEDO’s field station 5 to 10 days approx. in July 6th-10th 2017.
- Send three references with phone number and email address.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, your resume will be needed; we have only 5 openings.